Keen to join the Spark Testing team? Here's how!
Everything you need to know about joining the creative workshop team
Through the mutual exchange of help, knowledge and skills, Spark represents the idea that neighbourhoods should be built on the contributions of everybody. Over the past three workshops, over 30 local residents have taken part in design-thinking sessions, testing new ideas and prototyping them. On our third workshop back in October, the team decided that an app was the best platform to combine all of their ideas together (skill-sharing, ride-sharing, community noticeboard, exchanges of kindness, social activities, health and services directory... you name it, the team came up with SO many great features).
UWA and Befriend have since engaged with an app designer and we're now not far away from being able to share a beta version of this app with the team. The last two workshops are booked in for January and February and we are taking enquiries to join the team. Please note, spaces are limited for this testing phase, but we encourage you to fill out the RSVP form with your contact information and we will be in touch. If the workshop spaces fill up quickly, then don't worry, we will be looking for people to test it out in the community from February to May too, and the more people involved in the scaling phase... the better!
Keen to be involved?
Here's what we need:
- A commitment of attendance for our Living Lab workshops. Workshops are held in the Kwinana area. We're booked in at Isabella Corker Wing (attached to Medina Hall), on Wednesday 22nd January 2020 and Wednesday 5th February 2020, both running 9:30am - 1pm.
- An open-mind (seriously, there's no such thing as a bad idea!)
- A curious mind that enjoys experimenting in a group setting
- To live in - or near - the Kwinana area
- A smile always helps!
- An understanding of why you want to be a part of the project
We really believe that the best people to design for the community are people from the community, so you don't need any special qualifications to be a part of this project - your insights and feedback are invaluable.
What you'll get from being a Spark team member:
- A $50 Coles Myer voucher per workshop
- The chance to give back to your community
- The opportunity to be a part of an app-design team
- A certificate of participation
- The opportunity to turn your experiences into real, actionable insights
- Be a part of a curious, bright and gentle team of community champions
To enquire about being a part of the Spark Testing team, please fill out the RSVP form via the button so you can let us know which workshops you can attend. If you are not able to attend both upcoming sessions, then please be sure to specify that in the form.
We can't wait to get to know you!