Business Development and Finance Lead
There is currently an opportunity for a business development professional to join our social enterprise in Perth, WA!
Since its launch eight years ago, Befriend has grown to become one of Perth’s leading innovators in the space of relationships and inclusion. Our grassroots community development initiatives have connected over 10,000 West Australians, and our work in partnership with citizens, community organisations, researchers and government is changing the conversation around loneliness, isolation and social exclusion. We have bold plans to grow our movement further in 2019, as our organisation enters its next phase of growth.
About the Team
We are a small but mighty team, working in a fairly flat organisational structure, trusting and supporting each other to work autonomously and make informed decisions. We are avid learners, experimenters, collaborators and do-ers. We aspire to develop Befriend as a radically-inclusive, participatory organisation that values the contributions of all, and acts with intention to create spaces for autonomy, connection, growth and fun!
This Role in a Nutshell
- Lead the business development of Befriend’s consulting & training business unit
- Generate new business and funding opportunities for Befriend’s services
- Day-to-day management of finances, including payroll, book-keeping, reconciliations, financial reporting and performance measurement
- Lead ongoing improvement in financial systems and business processes, including systems, tools, reports and routines that support distributed decision-making and optimise business efficiencies
- Be part of the core team leading Befriend’s strategy forward into a bright future!
We expect this will include:
- Developing relationships with potential partners, funders and donors in alignment with the organisation’s strategy and business development needs
- Working with Befriend’s training & consulting team to develop a consulting service framework, internal systems that support the management of consulting projects and business development supporting materials
- Researching community sector training service models within the context of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, to inform Befriend’s training service redesign
- Designing, developing and testing approaches to member-funded donations
- Book-keeping for the organisation using Xero, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, reimbursements and banking
- Processing fortnightly payroll for 6-10 employees, including processing salary packaging and superannuation payments
- Maintain proper financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Prepare and manage the annual budget
- Work with team members on program processes to optimise automation and efficiency
- Work with team members to model, develop and test new enterprise activities as opportunities arise and in response to the business needs
- Manage financial reporting including project performance, Board reporting, quarterly BAS, funder reports and acquittals
To be considered for this role, you’ll have:
- High level of proficiency and experience with Xero, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Highly developed communication skills and an ability to build and maintain effective partnerships
- Experience managing full book-keeping functions for a small organisation, including payroll and reporting
- Excellent time management, ability to juggle competing priorities and work autonomously
- Experience in writing high quality professional documents for business development and reporting purposes
- An ability to analyse and improve internal systems and processes
- Relevant tertiary qualification in commerce or related fields
- Be comfortable working in a co-working space
- National Police Clearance
- And of course, be inclusive of people from all walks of life. Read about Befriend’s Values here
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience as a Befriend member/fan
- Experience setting up and running a small enterprise
- Experience supporting the business development and growth of a small enterprise
- An understanding of the NDIS context
- Take great joy in nurturing an organisational culture of fun & friendship
- Part time position (0.6 FTE) March 2019 – June 2020 with likelihood of extension
- Salary $66,625 pro rata plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Bonus Christmas leave period on top of your annual leave entitlements
- Work where you want, when you want, how you want. You do you.
Sound like you?
Apply by completing the 3 questions in this online form. You will also need to upload a resume and cover letter.
Applications close 11:59pm on 24th February 2019