There is currently an opportunity for a communications specialist to join our social enterprise in Perth, WA!
Since its launch eight years ago, Befriend has grown to become one of Perth’s leading innovators in the space of relationships and inclusion. Our grassroots community development initiatives have connected over 10,000 West Australians, and our work in partnership with citizens, community organisations, researchers and government is changing the conversation around loneliness, isolation and social exclusion. We have bold plans to grow our movement further in 2019, as our organisation enters its next phase of growth.
About the Team
We are a small but mighty team, working in a fairly flat organisational structure, trusting and supporting each other to work autonomously and make informed decisions. We are avid learners, experimenters, collaborators and do-ers. We aspire to develop Befriend as a radically-inclusive, participatory organisation that values the contributions of all, and acts with intention to create spaces for autonomy, connection, growth and fun!
This Role in a Nutshell
- Lead the planning, content creation and delivery of communications across our organisation.
- Implement a range of digital marketing & communications strategies and tactics to communicate our work to a range of audiences including current and prospective members, volunteers, partners, funders and supporters.
- Act as the central communications point for multiple stakeholder groups involved in a new innovation pilot.
- Support Befriend’s training team to integrate the use of videos, webinars and online forums for efficient, engaging and wide-reaching content.
- Be part of the core team leading Befriend’s strategy forward into a bright future!
We expect this will include:
- Capturing, recording and sharing stories of Befriend’s work across program areas in a variety of formats.
- Developing template documents, flyers, presentations, reports and email campaigns for ease of use across Befriend’s program areas.
- Supporting and mentoring volunteers and interns who collect stories, write blog posts and create social media content.
- On any given day, you could be working on brand identity, website design, flyers, internal comms, social media content, blog posts, email campaigns or business development materials.
To be considered for this role, you’ll have:
- Shmicko (top-notch) written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Demonstrated digital campaign skills and social media management experience
- The ability to present information with sophisticated simplicity and professionalism
- The ability to take, edit and present great photos and short videos
- Great time management, ability to juggle competing priorities and work autonomously
- Be comfortable working in a co-working space
- National Police Clearance
- And of course, be inclusive of people from all walks of life. Read about Befriend’s Values here
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience as a Befriend member/fan
- An understanding of stakeholder communication strategies and tactics in a movement-building context
- Experience growing online communities
- Experience setting up an online training platform
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of SEO and the ability to analyse engagement data to inform tactics
- Have experience with people who have diverse abilities (Often known as disabilities)
- A deep interest in the complexities of friendships and relationships
- Take great joy in nurturing an organisational culture of fun & friendship
- Part time position (0.8 FTE) March 2019 – June 2020 with likelihood of extension
- Salary $66,625 pro rata plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Bonus Christmas leave period on top of your annual leave entitlements
- Work where you want, when you want, how you want. You do you.
Sound like you?
Apply by completing the 3 questions in this online form. You will also need to upload a resume and cover letter.
Applications close 11:59pm on 24th February 2019