Monday, December 21, 2015
In addition to the Befriend events on Boxing Day and the 28th of December, we’ve put together a handy list of community events on Christmas Day through to New Year’s Day, just in case you’re looking for more events to get out and about.
- Mission Australia Christmas Lunch in the Park – a free event that is open to everybody! If you’re on your own this Christmas Day, head along to the lunch, held in Welllington Square Park in East Perth.
- Perth City Christmas Decorations - take a wander through the city to see the biggest Christmas Tree in Perth, along with the lights and decorations on display throughout city streets and parks.
- Northbridge Piazza Festive Flicks – head along to the Northbridge Piazza on Boxing Day to see the Christmas classic, Home Alone. The film starts at 5.30pm.
- Northbridge Piazza New Years Eve – The City of Perth will be counting down to New Years Eve with a free community event in Northbridge. Two stages will be jam packed with music and entertainment, roving acrobats, dancers and performers will fill the streets before the midnight countdown.
- Kings Park New Years Eve – For a picturesque location to welcome in 2016, head to Kings Park for a smoke-free, alcohol-free venue.
- Shelley Foreshore New Years Day Fireworks – Every year, the City of Canning hosts a New Years Day celebration at Shelley Foreshore from 3-8pm, with food, music and fireworks.
- Perth Twilight Hawkers Markets - For a delicious meal on the first day of 2016, head into the city for the Perth Twilight Hawkers Markets, which run from 4.30-9.30pm every Friday evening, recommencing on New Years Day.