Become a volunteer eFriends Trainer and help close the digital divide!
Many of us take for granted how much we already know about technology, and how much we use it every day to connect with friends and family, access information, and live an active, independent life. It's easy to forget that many people find technology daunting, and lack the confidence and skills to use it effectively.
As a volunteer eFriends Trainer, you help people build the confidence and skills to use technology to do the things they want to do in life, guiding them with simple steps and a patient, friendly approach.
A typical training session:
- One-on-one training
- In the individual’s home or a suitable venue (e.g. café or library with Wi-Fi)
- 1-1.5 hour duration
Hear more from Laura about the rewarding experience she's had volunteering as an eFriends Trainer:
Still need convincing?
Volunteer eFriends trainers say they have lots of fun and feel great satisfaction from helping others. Other benefits include:
- Building of your self-confidence in communicating with people
- Development of skills in supporting people with different needs and backgrounds
- Gaining real world experience
- Making new friendships with others in the Befriend community
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and finding new ways to use it